Saturday, January 28, 2017

Review: On Tiptoe by Sarah Iles

31575728On Tiptoe by Sarah Iles

Anna lives her life with her father, Gabriel, and her beloved dog Click. She tries to get confused in the fog of London and expresses her emotions only through dance.

“I'm fickle, tied to a life that doesn't exist any more: true love, perfect life, good friends. Everything is so difficult for me! Like a never-ending dance where the choreographer is never satisfied!”

And if life were an eternal dance? Would you dance with your eyes closed?

On her seventeenth birthday, on a windy spring day, Anna meets Romeo, his smile, his voice, and she wakes up. But in a play of silence and destiny, their roads divide, and Anna loses her equilibrium yet again.

Will any type of melody unite them again? Or is Stuart her true love?

Will dancing save her?



Pages: 106
Format: E-Book
Published By: Amazon
Genre: YA - Contemporary, Romance
Series: Unknown
FTC Disclaimer: I received this book free to read and review, thanks to the author of the book, Sarah Iles.

Rating:
✮✮✮

Review:
I'm typically not a fan of contemporary books, but there has always been something about books of ballet that draw me in. I just feel like it's a glimpse into a life that I don't typically encounter, and I find it interesting.

I overall liked the character of Anna, but at times she really irritated me. Anna acknowledges early in the novella that she is "kind-of uptight", and throughout the story you get glimpses of that uptightness. I think it's great though that she did have flaws, and that she wasn't this perfect girl who had no faults, but I think that's one of the reasons that I am not super bothered about it overall, is because it means she's not perfect.

I think wht I enjoyed most about this book were the somewhat cheesy moments that made me smile nontheless. I also really enjoyed Anna's father, Gabriel (well mostly). He was quite amusing at points in the story, and then there were just decisions that I thought he made as a father that were ridiculous. What I didn't really enjoy about the story was the speed, and the love triangle. I felt like the story progressed rapidly and things happened really fast. I also thought for a short story like On Tiptoes, the love triangle was just an unneccessary addition.

Overall, it was a short quick read that was pretty good. I definitely will keep my eyes open for the rest of the series whenever they come out.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I honestly don't think I'd enjoy this as much is I would have when I was younger.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good read. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great read!! And I love the cover. Adding it to my TBR..

    ReplyDelete