Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Review: Throne of Lies (Amethysta Trilogy) by Sara Secora

30740473Throne of Lies by Sara Secora

As a seventeen-year-old ruler chafing under the obligations of her bloodline, Princess Amethysta Serelle finds the royal life anything but enchanting.

With the realm of Vataenya divided by intolerance, and stained by a veiled and violent past, none take kindly to those who are different. For Amethysta's sake, her mother must conceal her daughter's mystifying secret from all - including from Amethysta herself.

Driven to her wit's end, Amethysta sets out on an unrelenting search for answers that will leave her teetering on the very edge of anguish and strife. With each harrowing turn, Amethysta encounters devastating loss, uncovers the mortifying unknown, and comes face to face with the calamitous heartache that awaits her.

Amethysta struggles for control as her once unquestioned reality is obliterated. All the while, an enigmatic blue glow sleeps below the surface, ready to unfold a world of chaos.



Pages: 374
Format: E-Book
Published By: Unknown
Genre: YA - Romance, Fantasy
Series: Amethysta Trilogy
FTC Disclaimer: I received this book free to read and review, thanks to Sarah Secora and YA Bound.

Cover Review:
I love art covers, and I just think this one is absolutely beautiful. I love how the amethyst color really stands out, and I like the choice of the background colors and lighting. I really love the choice of font style, and think it really fits the cover.

Rating:
✮✮✮

Review:
This book was really interesting, and nicely paced. There were moments when it was fast, and then there were moments when it was slow. It definitely started off slow, but for the most part, the pace picked up as the story progressed.

There was a lot of the story that I really enjoyed. Like the romance. I really thought that the romance in this story was paced nicely, it wasn't an all-of-a-sudden insta-love. I also loved a good portion of the characters, but there was something about Amethysta that kind of irritated me, but at the same time there were moments where I liked her. I feel that, hopefully, in the next books I enjoy her more than I did in this book.

I recommend this book if you are looking for a nicely paced fantasy story that is entertaining with a sweet romance, and pretty awesome characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment