Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Review: Blood Rain by Nancy Gray

31199395Blood Rain by Nancy Gray

The blood wings have attacked once again. The batlike monsters swoop down on treetop villages and suck the blood out of any unfortunates they can find. 

Mercy of Mind, a young woman in one such village, is training to be a shaman. Although Mercy’s new healing abilities save a life after the fight, her father, the chieftain, is apathetic. Mercy knows he wishes the blood wings had taken her, instead of her brother, when they attacked one year ago. 

But when a storm of blood envelops the village, Mercy’s father gives her an important task. She needs to find out who would dare practice the ancient blood magic. Mercy barely escapes her village’s land with her life. Frenzied blood wings kill her mount and nearly kill her—before two strangers rescue her. 

The men, Pyron and Beryl, also want to find the answer to the mystery of the blood rain. Mercy allies herself with the two, but soon realizes they are hiding deadly secrets. She, along with her new companion, Erebus, must get to the bottom of a political conspiracy. In a land of death, destruction, and the darkest magic, whom can she trust?


Pages: 423
Format: E-Book
Published By: Independently Published
Genre: YA - fantasy
Series: Blood Rain
FTC Disclaimer: I received this book free to read and review, thanks to Enchanted Book Tours.

Cover Review:
I love the cover! I really like drawn covers rather than real images, if that makes sense. I also love how the black surrounds the edges of the cover and the lighthouse in the background, and it's just gorgeous!

Rating:
✮✮✮

Review:
I enjoyed this book, mostly because I thought it was just so different and unique from what I have read in the past. It, to me, stands out as a fantasy book. It's the only book that I have ever come across that features batlike monsters - just so different.

I thought the characters were really well written and just so thought out. You can't help but like them, but because they were so well written, they also aren't perfect. I really liked getting to know each of the characters in the story, and cannot wait to see where Nancy Gray takes these characters in the next book.

With that being said, I'm thrilled that there is a second book, and I will definitely try to read that as soon as I am able because I really liked the characters, I really liked the plot, and I really liked Nancy Gray's writing style. If you like fantasy, then you might want to check out this book because it was really good!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind review! I'm glad you liked the cover artwork. We're very proud of it too. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be glad to answer them!

    ReplyDelete